Welcome to the Suzuki Institute School of Music
“When love is deep, much can be accomplished” Suzuki
“Music exists for the purpose of growing an admirable heart.” Suzuki
“It is necessary to be concerned about the importance of educating a really beautiful human spirit” Suzuki
“What is man’s ultimate direction in life? It is to look for love, truth, virtue, and beauty” Suzuki
“Every child grows; everything depends on the teacher.” Suzuki
What We Provide
- Teachers who are excellent musicians, well educated, experienced, compassionate, dedicated to the success of all students at the school, and excited to work with you and your family.
- An administrative staff that allows teachers to focus on studio teaching. For the convenience of parents the office provides many common supplies available for purchase and instrument rentals when applicable.
- A collaborative group of teachers who provide ideas, support, and education for one another.
- Collaboration between teacher, student, and parent to implement individualized programs based on the unique needs of each family and child, which allows for a self-paced learning environment.
- Information and advice on the purchase and/or rental of instruments and other associated equipment.
- Recitals and community performances.
- Opportunities for group classes, festivals, and other training programs such as the Carnegie Hall Royal Achievement Program may be available dependent on your instrument and instructor.
Encouraging Growth through Music
…all children can be well educated…
The Suzuki Institute was founded in the fall of 1989 by Joyce Mizer. Beginning with one student, the program has grown to an enrollment of in access of two hundred fifty with an international staff of eight. Joyce brought formal Suzuki instruction to Sarasota because she is passionate about music education, and believes as Dr Suzuki, music inspires community and learning. She believe that an exceptional music education should be available to any committed student, regardless of financial constraints.