The Achievement Program provides a recognized national standard of musical success through an effectively sequenced course of study from beginner to advanced levels. The Achievement Program inspires excellence through individual student assessments and allows students to celebrate accomplishment and track their progress with others across the country. It also supports teachers with high-quality and innovative resources. All students deserve the opportunity to celebrate their musical achievements nationally. Join the growing community of teachers, students, and families who are discovering the benefits of The Achievement Program as it enriches their lives!
Why Choose The Achievement Program?
A Comprehensive Program of Musical Development
The Achievement Program encompasses four main areas:
- Each level includes a broad selection of pieces representing a variety of styles and periods.
- Repertoire selections are leveled progressively in difficulty.
- Periodic reviews of the repertoire keep the selections fresh and innovative.
- Teachers and students can add favorite pieces through the Teacher’s Choice and Own Choice selections.
- Each level of technique is designed to support the demands of the repertoire for that level.
- Technique includes scales, chords, arpeggios, patterns, and études.
- A thoughtful and consistent approach to the development of reading and aural skills.
- Musicianship skills are developed in conjunction with repertoire goals and requirements.
- Musicianship skills give students a solid foundation for independent creative musical explorations.
- The Achievement Program’s academic subjects support students in acquiring the theoretical and historical knowledge necessary for music literacy.
- Theoretical levels are tied to practical (performance) levels, reinforcing concepts encountered in repertoire, technique, and musicianship studies.
- At-the-keyboard assessments of keyboard harmony and musicianship present students with an opportunity to develop skills in improvisation and composition.
The Suzuki Institute is one of the founding music schools of the Achievement program in the United States. Students participating in this program are assured of quality instruction and examined on an annual basis by Achievement Program Examiners.